Friday, September 21, 2007

This 4 days haitus has brought me a successful concert and a song!

Ok for those who don't know yet I performed a few days back (Tuesday) at Yong Siew Toh Consevatory Concert Hall, but I only knew Fiona and Edwyna came. Any other RI people?

For me I thought it was one of my best concerts I've ever played it, or probably the best. Maybe. I just did my best and I thought I played my best. So the hard work did pay off. After the concert we went to have pizzas and curry puffs and desserts and drinks, lots and lots of photographs and laughter, and there you have it. I left at about 10.30pm, though the concert ended at 9.15 I think. Time does pass quickly when you're happy.

On Wednesday I decided to start proper on the Rafflesian Spotlight song. So I basically thought of the melody while I was showering again (as per usual), and then got out in towel to write our first two stanzas. Called up Adriel to say we have our first two stanzas, then ate my dinner.

The next morning I showed it to him, without no chords and nothing, only me to sing it for him. He asked me to continue, and then I finished sorting out chords during external MEP DMP, then performed it for the instructors, instructors said they loved the verses and the lyrics, just need to show out the chorus more. And the pre-chorus wasn't clear, so yep, went home and finished everything. Took about half hour.

The next morning I cleaned up my song in the car, 5 minutes. Met Adriel at Junior Block Seminar Room 4, played it to him, we sang and recorded it.

6 hours later played it for Chenghan, he said it was draggy but he said it was nice, and he recorded it again, this time video.

Impromptu-ed a song for Kuangnan in support for MaoZeDong, and david, kuangnan, chenghan, adriel and I all had a good time laughing like shit and singing.

And then Adriel said the song I wrote was dedicated to Jiale and David, but haiz, of course, after all I've been saying, it definitely sounds like a love song, and yes it is!

Shall record it professionally first before I attempt to put it out here. On Youtube, I think.

I'm currently copying to a clean manuscript my sketchcopy of "Tango", a piece composed by me as a assignment for tomorrow's class. And when I mean sketch, really sketch.















It's damn dirty.

No comments: