Sunday, September 30, 2007

Of Facebook and Friendster

An evening post, of course.

A new e-mail arrives at my e-mailbox. Thinking it could be the latest concert to the SSO or an important message from Mr. Albert Tiu, I hurriedly open up my mailbox, only to find...of course an e-mail.

But this e-mail is different, for it calls me to an e-invitation to join Facebook. What a waste of e-muscles! But well, tons of e-mails are received and open every minute, and this was one of them.

Welcome to Facebook. I shall greet it with an open mind, thinking of its daily uses and how it can benefit my life. Upon second thought, maybe throwing sheep isn't really benefitting my life. Neither is putting my photo there and e-inviting e-people to e-join my Facebook!

So what does our dear Facebook have for us? I've apparently been living under a rock (from the Sunday Times article this morning, it states that 'if you're knowing about Facebook for the first time, you've probably been living under a rock."

Well, it's my first time knowing about Facebook, and I've done my research for this afternoon, and have come to the conclusion that I would be better off living under a rock, for Facebook, like Friendster and mySpace and yourSpace has been a waste of time!

Totally.

I mean, what can they do to help us in living life better? Do they save the hungry in Africa? Do they stop the Islamic radicals? Do they make the sick people be healthy and happy again?

We all know the answer.

It's no!

I admit that I do have an account for Friendster. Well, that's because I was stupid enough to get distracted. When I could have learnt how to do that quadratic functions question, I was busy setting up and updating my Friendster's account.

And really, I don't see any goal-achieving done by Friendster, or Facebook.

Fancy throwing sheep...and poking people.

Gosh, do it in real-life man.

Now let's hear what people on Facebook got to say on my anti-Facebook blogpost.

Post it on the tagboard!

No comments: