Thursday, September 13, 2007

Style? 0

We had the external DMP module for "Song-writing, Recording, Production and Audio Engineering Techniques" today. And we did do audio engineering. I thought it was kinda tough for them, considering how messy all of us were.

My day started at 11am, for once. Woke up finding myself practising Chopin's Op 25. No. 1 "Harp" Etude. Then after that I got a call from Jonathan Lim, and called my mum to fetch me to RI and there I was.

Because today was debates.

You see, I'm not born to debate, I'm born to produce music for your pleasure.

Oh and guess what, we had personality test today, and they found out I was a advisor and a listener. Ya, I think that's what I see myself as. It'S what they call, cool. You know, cool.

Back to debate, other than making the class laugh a little, there was little I could do except to repeat my points again and constantly "strengthening" (repeating) my points. Time taken? 1.2m.

Style? 0.

For external DMP I had to activate a quartet (as mentioned in my previous blogpost) to record for this session. We did, and earlier in the morning upon arriving in my class I found a guitar, and they proudly proclaimed it a class guitar, and allowed anyone to bring back home. I took it around with me today, and along with my cello for the quartet, that's two instruments on my body.

But I carried David's violin for Benwee, that makes it three instruments at once. No wonder they said I'm a musician. You don't see normal people carrying three instruments around the school. What's next, trolley for the piano?

So basically everywhere I went today was pretty much music, considering how I missed 10 mins of lesson time yesterday playing the piano with my friend and singing.

I played "Hey Jude" in class today and Eugene and Samuel played the guitar parts. And they requested me for a new pop song next week, which I have gamely completed while on the way back home. Upon reaching home, I tried it out, and voila, now to confirm the lyrics and chords and bring it to both of them next week where we will record it for the 2nd part of the External DMP.

Is anyone out there interested in joining a band?

No comments: