Monday, December 31, 2007

1 down, 2 more to go

Yesterday night I received a call from my old classmate who returned from Australlia last week. It was a pleasant surprise - after all we haven't seen each other for nearly a year after a dozen months back when we watched a movie together. That was...the stop-motion animation about Gromit and Wallace!

So yesterday I took the initiative to meet up with her and we did settled on a date and time...And guess what! Another female seems bent on stopping us from meeting at all cost. No prizes for guessing who, lots of prizes for removing this obstacle. Or ideas for removing. For every word I type on this matter, the lesser chance I have for meeting my friend. I refuse to acknowledge (once again) that this is false hope.

A few thousand kilometres from where I sit, the PPP party of Pakistan (not Thailand) has decided to apoint the late Mrs Bhutto's son and husband to succeed her as the new Pakistani opposition leaders. Pop and I have the same views - that these two guys would soon be eliminated one way or another, simply because humans cannot stand under the fire of gunpowder. Mrs Bhutto was killed by the gun/bomb, in other words, by gunpowder.

I have spotted this army-government political scene globally - from General Pol-pot (the f***er who killed thousands of people) of Cambodia to today's Myanmar generals, and without doubt our dearest Musharraf back in Pakistan.

Oh, I also refuse to forget about Thailand and its bloodless coup from the military. All one has to do is to roll some tanks into the city centre, into some of the towns,and bingo, we've got a military-controlled government!



On a side note I would be taking a trip to Geylang to replace a screw that I dropped from Mr Sze's oboe :O. Very dangerous.

No comments: