Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Week

Concerning the online poll - Singapore won 15-1, which isn't really fair in my opinion, when this is a Singaporean blog with predominantly Singaporean readers. We shall wait for the results in January from the ICJ.

I am playing my own composition during studio class on Monday after a discussion with my piano teacher - it was a piece composed for my class assignment in the musicology class, and so I'm playing it.

We had the party yesterday! There was plenty of food for starters - spaghetti, two huge steamed chickens, ice cream, one cake, grapes, strawberries, drinks, and snacks like Nachos, Pringles.

The chickens were really American, the reason being that they were dry on the outside, so tender was the meat, and not forgetting the juiciness of it. Very tasty, the chicken. We were literally taking chunks of the white meat, and later in the night (which lasted till 12) we had to put it on the middle of the living room table and take off chunks of it and finish it up.

Games were not forgotten of course, and we played 15-20, Blind Man's Bluff, and Pictionary. My team won! (Consisting of Irwin, Hanching (later Akkra) and me) Miss Hahn said it was unfair since we had two native speakers and one super alert person (Akkra)

We beat the rest in the end, and it was pretty fun, with Mr Kawai Shui around.


Party aside, I took notice that almost every Saturday now in the World section there is mention about global warming, and I hope it has destroyed all thoughts of it being fake or hoax. Even then, I don't think that should now be the problem, because we should be focusing more now on how to stay alive and save the planet.

On the more phoney matters - I have received no more than 5 smses and calls this entire week - for a period of time I suspected I had yet to pay my phone bill (which were confirmed to be true) but the messages still didn't come until yesterday at the party when my dad sent a message during the party.


To more of the academic side, I got next year's literature book - Gulliver's Travels. Can't wait to improve my literary skills and of course my writing skills. Gulliver's Travels is good read though, after you read between the lines - sometimes he's amusing, but then you realise that there are darker representations and things that he wants you to understand. Of course, that's why we call them satires. Especially the part where he peed on the Lilliput Emperor's Palace in order to quench the fire, but got accused of treason (?)

I have yet to talk about my trip to Malaysia from Tuesday to Thursday though - met my cousin's daughter, wrote 2 chapters of The Wonderland of Music, altogether being 8 pages of foolscap paper. Planning to transfer them onto Microsoft Word, and do some heavy editing.

Probably some composing to do in the late evening, melodic minor scales, and my composition - Tango for Audiences and Piano

No comments: