Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blog Frenzy!

Earlier this morning I decided to go blogsurfing and started off with Adriel's blog, which lead me on to quite a number of other blogs. This turned out to be a blessing in not form of disguise, but I managed to add some links and rewew others. Some new links I've added (after so long) are Theophilus's and John Lee's, and links that I have updated include David's.
I find David's URL interesting, about Ming the Mollusc, who lived about 400 years old. Of course, with such a creature living on this Earth for so long (come on, Ming lived through Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Chopin, Wagner, Debussy, World War II, atomic bomb), in David's own words:
How sad :( 405 years of tranquility gone in a instant. Anyway it is and has always been the case, where man destroys nature hidden secrets without realising it before it's too late. This..isn't the first time..
.
Maybe if we had known of its existence we would have taken care of our Earth much better. But we should not use that as an excuse.
While I was blog-surfing though, I came to Theophilus's blog and saw some of his compositions posted online. I can hear it in my head, but I would rather listen to it real. I also read on how John Lee's Peculiar Octet sounds fantastic but I haven't really seen the score, and would also want to listen to it realtime! It is really exciting to see how these guys - brothers in music, as stated on Theophilus's blog - work on their music, and I would be taking this opportunity to learn much from them though. I went to the Straight Times and found some really humorous and touching links.
Should you click on Theophilus's Dad's link, you would see, of course, the blog of his Dad. And it really makes me smile in a way that there is firstly, a typo, a matter of so-close-yet-so-far. Just like my own Dad when he types! But people do grow old, and someday I'll be typimg likr this. As what I always say, a beautiful psycho-motor problem.
And then secondly you see a lack of content, except for a statement stating that Mr. Quek is basically a private person. But I'm not being critical at all, because you see, adults are busy and for goodness, guys need to work! So I'm not surprise there's a lack of posts. But next time I'll get a job that requires me simply to arrange music, perform music, compose music, so I'll get home by 10pm and then I can blog on the day's lessons.
On to Mrs Quek. I was pretty touched when I read the December 1st blogpost, and although it was in Chinese, I could understand all of it. (Just like how I don't know what the content of a chapter is about, but when I read the word 杀, I know, man, someone's dying)
But I understood the whole blogpost, and there was so much power in it and encouragement. Talk about a mother I read in Reader's Digest lifting an entire car because her child's leg was trapped under the front tire. (Simply undigestable!)
And well all I could say was that without doubt all rational mums would think like that (and without doubt mine will too), just that we don't know how to express it. It's like, when others are pissed they let it out through their mouths but when I'm pissed - no, I don't let wind - it dissolves and turns into fake anger and then becomes happiness.
Talk about people like that, man!
(My youngest aunt will be leaving my cousins and uncle to Korea in 5 days, while my 5th aunt will be going to Taiwan with cousins and uncle. I'll still be in Singapore, fortunately, because there isn't really going to be a piano anywhere else in hotels...)

No comments: