Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Existence of Conference Calls

I remember when I was in Primary 5 I had this Math teacher who was really inspiring, and up till today I still remember his name. For the simple reason of being so significant in my education of the mathematics and discipline.

But no worries, this isn't going to be a blogpost remembering the past, where I lived in Bukit Batok and ate soil (plant one, lah). This is a blogpost commemorating a phrase he (Mr Raymond Lee Chen Cher, my Primary 5 Math teacher) once said - "Everytime you step out of the class door, ask yourselves - have you'll learnt anything new today?"

And following that I can still remember that phrase, and will probably remind myself about it every once a week. In Secondary 1, everytime I stepped out of the door, I learnt nothing except for beastly sounds coming from the back of the classroom (of which I still smile when I do think about it. That is, when I DO), a few lessons of understanding your physical self, from head to toe, and nothing more. But well, I did scrape through my first year.

Secondary 2 was more advanced, we did actual study. And then we really did actual education like Chinese, Math, English, Literature (where we had a teacher who was most of the time adding sexual innuendos every 5 minutes or so)...and we had Science, the norms. So everyday we had to learn something new. And during the holidays, I learn new things also. Mostly spelling and grammar corrections that I never knew existed (mostly from latest tagger from the time of this post, Fiona) and a couple of new proper words...But this morning was really cool, because I learnt something!

I learnt that conference calls existed!

Wow. Alright this isn't really such a revelation for people like you because you people are already using, what, conferencing MSNing. And I'm still stuck on hey-pass-me-the-vinyl-record mindset. Well that's something new I learnt yesterday. And I just realised that people actually talked at what, 1am. Until 3am. Surprises happen everyday.

And now, for soccer fans out there, tomorrow morning is the BIG DAY! It's Liverpool-Manchester United and Arsenal-Chelsea. As a supporter of Arsenal, I know Arsenal will win! 3/1 Abedayor to score! I want Liverpool and Arsenal to win today. That's because I hate Manchester United to win.

...

I have to stop now because I have to restart the computer before my scanner can work. So that you guys will get news articles to read directly from my blog!

No comments: