Sunday, January 6, 2008

Eh, where's mine?

I was stumped by a surprising statement from a reporting Daddy returning from the Bukit Panjang Library. The case? I have just racked up huge debts totalling $4.80 from my overdue books (three in total). Not a good start to the first weekend of the year! But I shall not write off - at least, that quickly - that 2008 is going to be a bad year.


It was entirely my fault (hey you don't get this that quick in a year) simply because I forgot the due dates and I didn't place that slip of printed paper on the wall.

Anyway that was yesterday's matter. Simply because I stopped blogging yesterday and I decided to continue with today's blogging. It's tough, but life's like that.

You would not believe what happened today in school. Story goes like this - once upon a time RI Secondary 4s were released for recess, and we were lazing around like we always had since we were Secondary 1. Ho ho ho, and guess what. Benjamin Yap my deskpartner receives a plastic bag with his Chinese name pasted on it.

So we were like, what?

Soon it became apparent that the sender was from China, and the sender was a secret admirer (cues for gasping). You readers would be asking, so how the hell did he get that? Well recently in a school trip quite a lot of RI students went to other countries for educational purposes, and our dear Benjamin was one of them.

Contents of the bag numbered huge, and there was a Jay Chou original (with seal-of-quality) DVD in it. Which must have cost a bomb. And a love letter to go with all the presents. (sh...) There were a few romantic stuff, those that I wished that no one would ever give me (no sarcasm here). But it would be weird if anyone else received an apple for Valentine's Day.

Anyway ahem back to our protagonist Benjamin Yap - about five of us were crowding around him and looking into the bag. There were notes no doubt, and the girl left behind an email address and also a telephone number (I think.)

For losers like me I thought it was pretty nice of the girl, but we realised it was a love letter when we saw the words, "I think you are handsome boy." Well maybe it's a little superficial but who cares. I think you are nice boy is nicer.

But oh, Jonathan Shin, stop acting like that. It's going to make you look so...stupid.

No comments: