Sunday, January 27, 2008

Home alone

I've just finished my Mathematics assignment, and I'm surprised I did. Well for those of you who did manage to you, my mum has been warded in hospital yesterday! So that means I get to enjoy a new lease of freedom and life...which I did by making my first Milo.

It was pretty diluted, because I added too much water, but I still ate it with biscuits. Anyway for those of you who are shocked by my nonchalant behavior, you simply don't understand what it means to live under the hands of my mum. Well, yes you get protected, but most of the times I realised I was being spoon-fed and I didn't have the opportunity to show that I was independant. So now I can.

Without my mum, here are the things that I can do:

Practise my piano for long hours without having to stop for her to watch TV. Although she does record.
Practise oboe, which she doesn't want to hear in the house. Unless she hears it all the way from SGH.
Do my work peacefully, which means with more concentration.
Study well
Do more composing from 8-11pm. And practising from 1-5pm.

Yesterday night I went to La Traviata. Quite a touching opera, but I was longing for some climaxes in Verdi's music, especially when there were parts that he could have shot the singer to a higher note to create a more impassioned mood. The last time I caught Nancy Yuen was in the Marriage of Figaro, where she played the female protagonist role. She was fantastic yesterday, coping with the jumps between the middle range and high F. However, there were slight intonation problems, especially when she sang the same notes with the orchestra.

There was a slight incident when I went into the wrong row (GG), and I picked my bag up from row FF (which was below). When I reached the end of the row, one of the stewardess stopped me and asked me to show my ticket in order to know what row I was supposed to be at. I was originally at FF, and I left my ticket at FF 40. Anyway they did a search and didn't find my ticket there, so I had no choice but to point out to her which person I was sitting beside with. A couple on my right, and a father-daughter pair on my left. Anyway it was kind of obvious because there was only one empty seat there when the interval ended, and it was definitely mine!

I noticed that my hits increased when I posted pictures -.- which means I have to post more pictures in the future in order to further increase 'publicity'. In any case Nigel discovered that long time ago but I don't have a handy phone camera that I can use and send into my computer. Neither am I allowed to bring a digital camera anywhere outside without permission.

Meanwhie, thanks to everyone who polled and tagged!

No comments: