Friday, January 4, 2008

Shh. Castles can fly...

Yes of all the things in the world, I was the Chinese Rep. Even though I feel it is embarassing to tell you readers that I have left Higher Chinese simply to join Normal Chinese, I believe it is neccessary. But I don't know why. Maybe it's simply helping me to sink the fact deeper into my head by telling everyone. Or maybe I would forget and you guys would be there to remind me that I'm in Normal Chinese, I'm a goner.

Well we have to admit we are all different, and I have my own pros and cons. So you're good in let's say, photography, but not that good in Literature. Something around those lines. For me, I'm pretty much English-educated - thanks to my dad - and it is obvious when you listen to me speak to my mum. She's more Chinese while I converse with her in English. So it's a beautiful mix. That's when Singlish comes into play.

So guess what was today's main theme? Castles can fly!

Of course.

But after some serious reflection I did realise I learnt that there's never a shortcut to anything, and that shovels are fun equipment. My favourite part was digging a trench, although our captain put all 10 of us (or more) in charge of putting a huge structure of the entire town, of which we called in Raffles City.

So we combined two pre-built 1 metre mounds of sun and started shovelling more sand to increase it's length and size. Well we had a structure more than 2 metres long and nearly 1 metre in height. And then we embossed R-A-F-F-L-E-S into the structure, before I came up with the idea of placing a small platform at the right bottom of the structure and write the words 'city' there.

And there were orders to build a moat around the entire city, and so the 6 captains of yellow zone planned with the mayor to start digging the trench. So Bryan and I started shovelling and throwing sand off until the trench was quite deep. Lol. Relatively for the small people, it could have been 60m deep.

Anyway...latest news to come in. Our local comedian Jimmy Nah has just passed away!

R.I.P Jimmy..

Here's a link to his article in the Strait Times: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/320685/1/.html

Ok I shall stop my post here and post more tomorrow...I'm feeling a little sad yet happy knowing there's Raffles Trail tomorrow.

Night, readers!

No comments: