Saturday, January 19, 2008

Of superpowers and soccer

I was treated to a small conversation on the human mind yesterday evening, a topic a person like me would rarely engage in because of the terrible simplicity of my speech. However if made to think I would produce some witty one-liners, like the one I heard the day before.

"Even the houseflies in Malaysia are stupid." Now that's one geniunely racist one-liner.

A memorable question from this week would most definitely be, "If granted a superpower for a day, what would it be?"

Well I thought it would be pretty nice to be fly. Please do accomodate me as I engage in some unrealistic talk for a while. Simply imagine being able to open up my 22nd storey window and lift off, before flying around Singapore to see everything and around you. The glory of thousands of people looking up at you floating in the air, before you proceed to push yourself up onto the roof of the Maybank tower in the Central Business District.

You show off your new powers in class, as you float around the room in circles, and the classmates stare in awe. They probably would want to covet those new-found powers of yours.

And there's no more worries about having to face traffic jams. Simply pack your bag, make sure everything is securely fixed to you, and off you go flying to school. You land in the middle of Raffles Square, and just imagine the look on everyone's faces.

But there's probably something you can do to help the world with that power of yours. Fight crime, save people (probably attempting to commit suicide), and use the power to raise funds for the environment and animals!

Flying is also useful when you left your Shostakovich score at RJC, in which I can simply fly there now and land in the middle of the field beside block J before flying to security room and getting the key to rehearsal room.

Now that's what flying is all about.

Meanwhile my dad wants to have the ability to look at people in the eye and make them happy! Now that's another power I want. But I'm only granted one so I might as well have some fun for myself and others.

Supposed to blog about more fun stuff, but unfortunately I'm watching football online with my dad. Will do the blogging tomorrow morning.

No comments: