Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's an Ok-Day

They usually call this kind of days an ok-day. And I shall call it an ok-day too. That's because there were the mix of good and the bad things. First thing to start off the day, a faculty meeting at YST. Well it's been days since I last went back, and we got new assignments plus we welcomed back Dr. Hecht. Happy new year Dr. Hecht!

After that Aidi and I were given a two piano piece...Shostakovich. Probably my first piece from Shosta after his Preludes Miss Hahn told me to play to get use to atonal music.

Came back home, slept, went to tuition at 5pm. Thunder did sound beautiful, after being over-exposed to it during tuition hours. Two blackouts and two fixes after, mu tuition ended at 7pm.

Was supposed to watch AVP at 7.30, but until 8.00 I was cut off from the TV after I was found eating in front of the TV. Not that's something you don't get anywhere. Practised Schumann, but had one of the pages thrown away and was told by my mum to stop playing Schumann. Not a good excuse for tomorrow's would-be lousy performance.

I'm also playing Bruch Romanze with Jonathan (Koh) after hearing it and asking for the score. Sometimes music can get so good you can hardly refuse it. Bruch is one of them - indeed a good Romance, with the beautiful motive repeating over and over again...

No comments: