Sunday, November 16, 2008

Firsts

So I turned delusional again today. Arsenal lost 2-0 to Aston Villa, and I was hoping THIS ENTIRE MORNING that we won 3-2, 4-2, or AT LEAST 5-2 in around...

10 minutes?

I stopped watching at the 80th minute, because I knew somehow we were going to catch up. I knew it. KNEW it. Somehow we lost 2-0, which is depressing.

On another hand, I felt really disappointed with myself in Church today though, because my mind just wasn't there.

I want to fill myself up with things to do this entire holiday, like, just get my schedule running like it did during the EOYs and the days after that. I would probably also get an organiser which I will not use. Hm.

Joke of the day had me sitting in the Altis and telling my dad my combination was H2KI, H2 History...

"Wait wait, so is KI2 higher or lower?"
"huh?"
"No I mean, is KI1 or KI3 higher or lower?"

I knew I had to get a rope from the DIY store to restrain myself from laughing and/or headbutting my dad.

Anyway, I'm officially free. Officially, free from anymore assignments from RI. I've finished my last one a few minutes ago, my testimonial. It looks good, though I've heard that the teachers will make it divine, so I submitted 2 pages worth of crap to them.

I feel good, feel like I can do anything now. I don't have to practise the piano as much, but realistically speaking I know the start of the next semester is closer than I imagine. But I want to spend my next few weeks of my life not doing ONLY music. I'm sure I would still be composing, but practising...

Not that much, for now.

I honestly honestly felt terrible when Daniel and Yisin told me that most of the people in the Arts/Humanities classes would be girls. Many reasons why, but females can sometimes be the most difficult people to comprehend. Then again we've fallen short of a nuclear war between males and females, so I don't see why we cannot get along.

But...but then again...ah, forget it. Dwelling on such things in blogposts can be dangerous.

It's been in a long year. I feel a little weary, sometimes a surge of emotion here and there, most of the time calmness, close to being non-chalant, sometimes just plain lazy. Competitions, concerts, I can't believe I did this all in one year. And then 3 people I know died this year, 1 classmate figuratively died. What can I say?

Fortunately I've blessed with an inner strength due to circumstances in my life.

There were many firsts this year-

1) I renewed my faith in God.
2) I won my first international piano prize.
3) I performed in a band that had people crowd-surfing and jumping.
4) I received an award from the school.
5) Someone close I know died.
6) And of course, some other firsts but don't want to put here, lah.

I also succumbed to the evils and goodness and goods of Facebook.

The weather today is really great, just the smell of rain and the evening sun shining through the windows. There are times when you feel super, and now is one such moment. Another moment was 2 days ago, when I changed my alarm tone to the Beatles's "Here Comes The Sun"

You would never imagine the joy! When the alarm started playing there was sun in my eyes...gosh such moments are unforgettable. I'm still chuckling...

A reminder to Kwek here though, in case you're reading, I love hounding you for your lyrics.

No comments: