Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm looking towards NS omg.

So much for typing the post when I didn't check everything properly and surely first. My apologies.

It's the second day of my two-day-one-night stay at my cousin's house, and it's going to draw to an end, in around half an hour, when my dad picks me up. We didn't do a hell lot this morning, although we spammed on CounterStrike and swimming in the afternoon and subsequently the evening.

My nose was completely irritable and itchy this morning, which meant that most of the time I was running a leaky tap and eyes that were equally as irritating. Oh, did I mention I played soccer at CCAB yesterday?

At least this time it was more fun, because I finally got to play against Adriel, Daniel and Jinghui, who were all in one team. It was a good match, and [i think] the score was equally tied at the end of the match, which means that I have improved.

No, seriously, when you're playing with people like Adriel Daniel and Jinghui scoring a goal is not a laughing matter already. Hur.

Then again there's free food to look forward to - I'm performing at the RJC Grad Nite on December the 3rd, picking up the cello once again after so many months of inactivity. I'll be playing in a string quartet, but I'm very sure this time I'll be more rehearsed and things like this. Don't want to be caught unaware again.

There isn't much to blog about, except that yesterday I had a good cup of teh tarik with the YO guys (layered with a couple of ice blocks). Absolutely heavenly, if you didn't forget the football we played earlier on.

Went back to Serangoon with Rafael on the bus. We talked about NS, and different kinds of PES levels. I'm hoping I can get into PESC2, which means flat-feet people and things like that. Apparently it's slack, and I asked Rafael whether it was possible that I bring manuscript paper along to fill up the rest of my days there.

His answer was an absolutely yes, and that there was plenty of time for that. Apparently, after the BMT, they send you back to your room, and then after that you get the rest of the day to yourself. Of course, he talked about many other detailed things about BMT training (and that it was REALLY basic. like, shoot, clear your gun, throw your grenade)

And how they get convicts, or people who are in detention barracks, to place C4s beside grenades that do not explode - aka blinds, aka duds. So that means they place the C4 beside the grenade, and you can feel the whole ground shake in a 200metres radius.

I'm absolutely looking forward to army now.

No comments: