Saturday, November 8, 2008

two of the longest days ever

Isn't morning the best time to do a blogpost, except now I'm here in the Conservatory Computer Technology Lab again, done with my breakfast.

I had a super long day yesterday, after waking up at 7.30 and lazing around for 1 hour, before deciding that it was the best time I leave for school and go for GRADUATION CEREMONY, the most important day of my life in Raffles Institution.

It's been in a long/short 4 years (depending on how you really see it), but it's been great and a whole lot of åwesome fun.

Let's start from Thursday, where I shall attempt to my summarise my journey around Singapore for 2 days in half an hour.

Firstly after stoning here for 1 minute I still cannot remember what happened on Thursday, but I know that I performed in 2 concerts.

Oh wait, I remember it now! I was accompanying Benjamin Low for his Trinity exam, and we went to Mr Toh's house to let him listen to B-low sing while I accompanied him. The last song wasn't that good, (Gorge Ghershwin) so Mr Toh was like, uh ok goodbye cya. What do you think, we went off after that.

After several bus confusions and things like that, I finally got to Yong Siew Toh at around 3. Rehearsed, played piano games, played the game Who-Can-Hit-Your-Buddy-First-With-A-Table-Tennis-Ball-Using-Paddles. We broke the ball in the end. Sorry Kawai.

The first concert included a six-hand piece I played with Dr Hecht and ZAD, and the second concert of the evening was a performance at YMS, where I finished the night off with Griffes's Scherzo.

The six-hand Romance was pretty alright, although I didn't stay to listen to what Dr Hecht had to say about our Polka too (both by Rachmaninov), because I had to take a taxi straight to the YMS.

I did a heck of lots of things in YST, like before performing on stage itself, I had to go backstage and print out lyrics for Hey Jude so that we could perform it later in the evening as a bye-bye song for Miss Goh, who had been in MEP for years.

Also, being the cohort's sabotaged guy/'mascot'/shortie/imba I had to give a impromptu speech that talked about our 4 years in RI and our briefy it was.

Whatever. It was a long night, and when I was finally done with everything, I settled down with the pear my dad stuffed into the bag, which was what was going to become my one and only dinner.

Obviously I slept later than usual.

The next morning, I woke up all dreary and leaky, thanks to a Benjamin Low cold from the day before. Yeap, I waited for an hour, lazing around, before finally leaving for my Graduation Ceremony, without waiting for my dad to wake up.

Anyway he came along later in the car, because he said he didn't want to miss me graduating (thanks pop). Sat around and behaved like good students in the world's most boring speeches, including an advertisement to join the Boon Lay Youth Club from the female Guest-of-Honour, exchanged punches with Lay Shide himself, got hit a couple of times, survived.

What followed next was a really stretching time, because I went for XD practice at the jamming studio.

Well, you can really feel it's different, because most people who go there don't really do anything except to laze around and fool with the drums and everything, but we were really practising for Graduation Night itself on a sunday AFTEROON. (is it?) or maybe it's evening.

Yeah, we went through repertoire, and discussed about the segues, on how to shift between songs, different riffs that we could try out, modulations and everything like that. Throughout the whole thing we were attempting to fix the amplifiers, so we got all the tools we can from the Arts Studio and start digging into the input hole, so we could get some things out. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done, and there was not really much we could do about it.

We left it to that.

Practised for 2 more hours, from 1 to 3, and then 3.40, and we were off to Yisin's house across the road. Here's the stretchy part - they decided to bring me along to play soccer at the CCAB at Dunearn Road/Evans Road, and I changed into some really lanky England shirt and a pants that would only befit a freaking kangeroo.

Cabbed to CCAB, met a J2 girl there from HCJC, and we started to play 2v2 soccer. I wasn't that rusty yet, but I have always doubted my own abilities. Heck, we actually played well yesterday.

For one, when we actually played a match against SJI people, we had only 4 people while the SJI guys had around 5.

We pawned them 6-0 in the end, (Gabriel enters the room and says that I am an egoitic bastard, and then asks me what's my typing speed, which I answer 115 a minute, and he says, "Kanninehbeh".) No really, we pwned them 6-0, maybe because they were lousy, but they had good team chemistry, and people like me who,

1) stand directly in front of the goal and not score
2) stand directly in front of the goal without a keeper who has been beaten and not be able to stop the ball and score

I later redeemed myself by tapping in a goal, and providing an assist to Daniel, who did a freaking back flick to beat those guys.

Yisin said we should let them score (like genuinely) cos they were Sec 2-3s, and if we kept scoring then it wouldn't be any kick.

Erm, after that I scored one, so that makes the score practically 6-0.

Daniel did 4.

Yeah whatever. The game ended, and we made our way to Daniel's house, thanks to a lift from the girl's mum. Showered, played FIFA there, had dinner with those guys at Burger King, and then we went back to Yisin's house at Bishan, where my dad picked me at 9.45

Not to forget we listened to Anberlin.

To think I could go home and relax, but no, we went to Miss Tan's house after that to have extra dinner with Miss Tan, ST, and Dr Hecht. Talked lots of music crap such as the key of the Nokia ringtone, which I concluded to be a huge perfect cadence that was filled with suspension. Lots of lobsters and huge prawns on the menu, but we finished them all.

We got home at 1.

I made it past the 2 days. And no, I didn't worship on Friday, it was fun, but well, tiring.

Guten Tag!

No comments: