Monday, October 1, 2007

Of teenage girls and their World

Here's another post for the night, when I'm relaxing and there isn't really anything to do except for practise piano, do Chinese, study for physics, and do research on Liszt's Sonnetto del Petrarcha. Anyone wants to give a helping hand?

Probably another reason why my blog should be visited very frequently because of the updates. :P

Today was Prometheum Day, which would mean for Raffles the current CCALs (CCA Leaders) would pass on a symbol of the CCA to the new CCALs for next year. So of course in the case of RISE we had to do the violin. I suppose we could have done the baton, but Raffles Voices were given the baton as a symbol to hand over. It wouldn't be the same should they have a diaphragm to pass on, albeit a fake one. (A real one might work, I guess)

I still have not handed in my Chinese project which was due in January, and yes, you're reading a paikia's blog. No no, change it to hippy. Sounds more hip. I refuse to cut my hair, because I'm going to grow long hair. Hope I can reach shoulder length by December. It's currently over the ears already, but I hope I can tahan.

Might need a hairband someday.

Meanwhile, here's the night topic for you to read before you sleep:
Of teenage girls and their World

(immediately the girls will scroll down and start spotting for any mistakes or anything possible to criticize and scold me for writing such comments)

Relax. It's not going to be anything offensive. Because if it is, then you're not going to have a good time. And if you reveal too much, you're going to have a worse time. And if you talk honest, hell.

Welcome to Girl's World.

I thought it would be interesting to share my very small insights of the Girl's World. Yes, it's Girl with a capital G.

Now in Girl's World, a girl has to act like a girl, or else you're an outcast. Not simliar to Guy's World, because if you act with a different personality in Guy's World, you're not touched. In fact, we will bond better.

Let me give you an example, albeit a harmless one. Ben Low, a soprano. Even though his voice is very high and different from (low pitch) - ours, we still accept him and we do not treat him like a person from comet 0382. A clear evidence is that both him and Douglas have been living together in 3L peacefully for the past 10 months.

Now in Girl's World (notice it's Girls, not Women, for Women are already matured in the sense they deal with problems much better than Girls. Notice how Mum warns Daughter about pre-marital sex. Explains a lot.), if you don't follow the rules, you're seriously an outcast.

I believe I have enough evidence to substantiate thy claim, considering experience is an important factor when dealing with sensitive issues such as this. That's why I don't go into the topic of sexual diseases, because I'm innocent. (Wait, there's no sarcasm in there, and you will never find any in this paragraph. :P)

When I say 'don't follow the rules, I mean when you don't act like a girl usually does. Like for example, what a guy expects from a girl would be for the girl to be demure and caring. It is no wonder you don't see normal guys loving girls who say that word 247, unless it's literal. But really, you don't get much.

Only guys who are like, probably more open and acceptable and look through and into the book really don't mind. Now put those guys into handsome faces and suits, couple them up with a little bit of shrewdness and some talent, and voila, your dream man/guy/boy.

When I mean typical, I mean sort of like probably my RI type? Because I haven't seen so many guys, and I said experience is an important factor, thus proving my innocence once more.

In any case, you still don't see Barry Tng liking a drunk Britney Spears. (On a sidenote, the case would definitely be reciprocal)

Now adolescent girls, are really a tough bunch of people. They grow through hardships, both biological and psychological, and they have to live up to expectations. In terms of beauty and the likes, yes, they have to live up to that.

Going through all these hardships will soon, gradually from primary school to secondary school to junior college, the girls soon follow a common set of rules, these rules being forged just because they go through the exact same biological hardship.

That phrase practically shapes what the girl would be, whether she would grow up to be a clever lawyer or a lowly CEO.

Now the problem with talking to them would be their restriction to follow the rules.

Talking online. Not just the normal talking.

Talking online makes it even harder for us to know their true feelings, which is what guys really really need to achieve - to understand girls.

At this point of time you may really start thinking, this guy is a piece of crap, and him predicting all my thoughts really gives me no kick, but it's actually true. Somewhere in there you know it...

Isn't that the reason why we have "hehe" and "haha" and "omg!" and "!!!!!!"?

Simply saying, should I strip all of these words out of a conversation, a girl does not sound like a girl anymore. And us guys being accustomed to the fact that when you talk to a girl, you need to hear all these words, otherwise, that girl would be viewed at least differently from the others?

I remembered that feeling when a girl actually showed her true feelings. And hell, it was terrible man. Like seriously, you actually know that she's pissed and what she really means is no party, no fun, business-talk.

And if girls were to start doing that everyday, the world would definitely be no fun. So they should still stick to Girl's World's rules and play the game properly.

Unfortunately, there are thousands of girls still trapped by this adolescent-age girl problem (specifically for girls only, thank bio). In fact, every girl is trapped by this problem - the need to constantly adapt and change to the situation around us, to live up to expectations, and ultimately, be the true 'girl'.

(There is NO SUCH thing as a true 'girl')

Those who dare to venture out of the rules and be themselves lose out - it's a fact that can never be change until this mentality changes, which I would say never, until biology decides to take a turn and place the hardship on the guys. Ouch.

For now, to all guys out there, please do treat them nicely, for without them there would be no us, without them I probably would be able to MSN the whole day.

For girls, just continue sticking to the rules.

For those who dare venture (be it girl or guy)...be free, and let no others block your way!




Comments on the tagboard!

1 comment:

Jonathan Shin said...

If anyone sees this, put in on the tagboard for kicks.

Awww come on it's fun to see who knows where to look!